Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Glucerna


Today I shall introduce Glucerna SR. It's a slow release carbohydrate formula targeted at diabetic patients. Recommended as a breakfast drink, snack or meal replacement. Since Joyce Lee managed to get us a free sample each, I tried the preparation (or rather, the "snack") for my breakfast this morning. To my surprise, it's not that bad tasting after all. You'll get a super strong vanilla smell when you open the sachet. One thing to note is, you actually need quite some time to stir as the powder doesn't dissolve very readily and it looks like it's going to reach its saturation point when you pour the powder to the 200ml of water as directed.

Taste wise, I really like vanilla, so it's kind of taste good for me. Just that maybe I didn't stir enough, it tasted a bit powdery. But I do agree that I don't think I'll want to take it long term as I foresee myself getting tired of the taste after 1 month of drinking it. Raymond says the thing tasted horrible but I beg to differ haha. If ever I need to take it chronically, I'll make sure I get all the flavors and alternate them every meal.

No comments: