Friday, December 12, 2008

Bolt

Went to watch the movie with my brother, Alvin, and his brother yesterday afternoon. The beginning is like... OMG the dog so overpowered. Almost fainted when they revealed that it's just a movie shoot....

The movie actually sets me thinking of several things... Being kept in a world of your own, believing that your host (in this case, Penny) is constantly under danger, not knowing that i's all a farce. It kinds of sum up how I've been leading my life in the past, where I've always in my own elite environment where everyone's doing so well. My social circle consisting of all the high achievers etc., and I don't have to make any decisions for myself, my future. Now that I'm thrown into NUS, things starts to open up to me. I start to realise the world is not about just myself. To be honest, I would like to believe in the good in all the people I've known. But reality tells me otherwise, especially those insurance agents who only find you when they think you've got money to invest in their policies....

I think it's very pitiful for someone to not know the exact situation around him/her. The total absence of timely information makes me insecure. Maybe that's why I tend to be very "auntie" and "kay poh". Or maybe, just maybe, it's θŒδΈšη—…. No information = no need to dispense. LOL.

Overall, it's a great movie, with deep underlying moral values to be learned. Highly recommended for parents looking for educational movies. 

P.S. Although most probably the children can't understand the underlying message... That's what the parents are for isn't it?

No comments: