Saturday, March 14, 2009

Watchmen

Watched the show with Jef, O-wern, and Eddie yesterday evening. It's rather interesting, just that I do not understand why it's classified as M18 when there's so much gore... Maybe it's a sign MDA is relaxing on censorship issues? Another thing is the sheer length of the movie.... 2 hours 45mins.... I do think that the introduction is a bit too long, to an extent of almost draggy, but I do like the sci-fic ideas in it =)

Somehow I think Malaysia's version of the show will be relatively much shorter than the original film, just too many things which I think they will censor. One quote that I find quite interesting is when Rorschac says to the criminals in the prison.

" I'm not trapped in here with you, but you're trapped in here with me!"

That sounded sad for the prisoners. True enough, most if not all of them are killed by him ...

Certainly a nice movie to watch if you like sci-fic (or anime for that matter). I like particularly the "Tower of Akasha" Dr. Manhattan created on Mars. Looks damn nice la!

No comments: