Sunday, September 16, 2007

Akatsuki

Ok I'm running out for things to blog about. Maybe I'll just post some work in progress pics for my 1/100 akatsuki. So far I've only finished building the head, body and hands, which took me about a month to build. (Not that I build super slowly, just that I didn't find time to continue building pass the head part due to assignments etc)

The front view of the head. Notice the smudging on the v-fin. I'm not exactly good in panel lining. Coupled with PGP's poor lighting in the room, it's even more difficult to panel line properly. Reason being I can't see what I'm doing properly.


The side view. I didn't line the upper row of the small little words at the ear area coz it's super hard to line.


Anyone thinks the back view is messy? If you don't I'm afraid to say that you need new specs.


The front view of the body. Personally I think it's quite nice as compared to the head that I've done. But it's definitely something that can be improved on.


The side view of the body. Kinda messy at the joining part between the front and back armor. Again, poor PGP lighting and my noob panel lining skills.


The back part of the body. You'll realise that the two circles are not panel lined. Personally I find it quite hard to draw out the circles which doesn't have any groove for me to base on. Time for more panel lining training :P


Combined photo of the head, body and both hands. The head looks fierce alright :P More pictures coming soon if I manage to find time to build the kit. Mid-semester break coming tho. Hopefully I can finish it before then. As a side note, just came back from the medical alumni dinner, I think a-gong is super funny la. Certainly someone to be respected. His track record is like WOW! You need to see him yourself to believe it.

No comments: