Saturday, August 8, 2009

Taiwan Trip Day 11 (13/07/2009)

Woke up early in the morning to catch the high speed train (similar to the bullet train in Japan) with Jane. Thank God we were able to save on the ticket price as we managed to get another 2 strangers to buy the promotional tickets (cost me 945 NTD in the end instead of 1265 NTD, cost saving of 320 NTD!). Rushed into the train with 1 minute left before departure. Trust me, the high speed train is even more punctual than the MRT in Singapore, and they really reach at the destination station on the dot! Super impressed.

The high speed rail station in Zuo Ying.

The ticket. It really leaves at 11:30 and reaches at 13:06!

How can I miss the famous train 便当? Yummy yummy for 145 NTD only (a bit ex haha)

The interior of the high speed train

Scenery out from the windows

Me and the high speed train :)

Upon arrival at Taipei, I went shopping with myself as I'm waiting for the other gang to slowly take bus back from Kao Hsiung. Met up with them in the late afternoon and followed Jian Wei to his hostel. Apparently the diner that Jay Chou opened is located in TMU, where Jian Wei and Jia Wei were attached. Super cool right? I don't mind a Jay Chou diner in NUS either haha.

Had Japanese cuisine for dinner. Their sashimi is super juicy, thick, and fresh! Just thinking of it makes me drool. Here's the bento I ate.
After that we walked around Ximending and went back after that. My 2nd last day in Taiwan...

No comments: