Wednesday, February 27, 2008

IBM YEA Prize Presentation

After waiting for more than 2 months, today is the day! The picture above is taken before we made the final sharing presentation and before the result is announced. Wanted to imitate the 5 people in the banner but failed miserably...

Anyway, I'd say that the sharing session is very useful, at least we know what the other teams did and gauge roughly where we are before we look at the result. But then.... we actually accidentally saw the result when we are making the preparation... The organiser just put her schedule on the table with the result o.O

So, here comes the result! We're quite disappointed for not able to emerge as first, but then I guess first runner-up is as good ba. Although the prize money decreases by 2000 dollars T_T

The cheque is like how big la... I feel like winning some lucky draw of sort... like those kind in Wheel of Fortune or something.

Well, at least we still have something to use haha. The team who got first is really zai lo. If I say the team who got third and us thinks out of the box, they really think without the box.... (quoted from their presentation) And the ironic thing is, they're all guys team from HCI! My team got 1 girl, and the 2nd runner-up is an all girls team... Sounds a bit sexist right? I'm neutral, just to clarify before all of you hammer me. :P For the result, the all guys team managed to sell 115 copies of Tivoli CDP, my team 102 copies and the girls team 78 copies (hopefully I didn't get it wrong). Lose by a bit only lo, but then somehow I got the feeling we got trashed during the final presentation, although they told us it's actually a very close fight between us and the guys' team.

I've learnt much throughout the whole competition, at least I know I don't like to do call calling. I'm better off doing management and nagging (that's what a pharmacist is supposed to do...lol). Cheers!

No comments: