Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Funeral

It appears that someone passed away recently, hence the funeral below my block.

Sometimes I wonder why do people have funeral, and I came up with the following reasons:

1. Give tribute to the deceased, who left memories to those who he/she left behind.
2. Give relatives/friends a last chance to see the deceased.
3. Will be branded unfilial if do not do so (I think those that do this are just hypocrites...).

Well, can't think of any more for now. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that we should not do so. Memories are beautiful, even if they contain those sad times. What I'm driving at is we should cherish our loved ones when they're around, not when they're not.

1 thing that I noticed when I went to buy my dinner just now, they do dinner catering for their funerals..... Maybe it's a whole package. Well, who knows....

No comments: