Friday, May 15, 2009

C8

Was at Cancer Center @ Level 8 today for the whole day. Look at how the staff perform aseptic manipulations using the isolator. So that you know, it's a negative pressure inside the isolator, so that in case the glass breaks/fumes leak etc. the cytotoxic fumes will not contaminate the operator :)

It's always tough learning about keying in data into a database for the first time, especially when the fields are interactive. Good that I'm not a total computer idiot, although I do have some reservations about keying in the wrong things into the wrong fields. Well, at least I din kill anyone with my entries.

The meeting this morning was super long...... Was having a bit of dypsnea along the way due to prolonged static posture... At least got free chicken essence to drink haha.

I think I'm quite fortunate to have Siew Woon as my preceptor. She's the kind that really sit down with you and discuss about things kind. She's very nice to talk with, as long as you don't anyhow. I felt much more motivated after talking to her before I knock off today. She's really the kind who can patiently teach and effectively motivate.

Time to get my basics in the science of pharmacy strong before jumping into the art of it. I think I've been wanting to fly too much, gotta train my wings first.

P.S. As fulfilling as it is, preceptorship really suck all the excess energy out of me. Super tiring! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.