Thursday, May 21, 2009

Week updates!

17/5/2009 (Monday)
Started at Drug Information Service. I'm really not the kind of person to sit down and research about something.... Yawn like nobody's business.... FYI, the whole DIS is run by a single pharmacist... Super zai la! Can't imagine myself doing it lol.

18/5/2009 (Tuesday)
Had CPE in the morning, but was quite disappointed to see that only a few people adhere to the time.....Second day at DIS. Did an assignment on insulin glulisine (Apidra). Again, forgot to quote the sources... man how bad can I be at doing reports?

19/5/2009 (Wednesday)
A change of environment. Started lab. Spent the time before lunch reading SOPs and pack 100 bottles of resins. The afternoon is less eventful, as we went out to deliver drugs for R1 and R2. Ended up in CC as my preceptor wants to see me. Stayed at CC until like 7pm... Rushed down to Anchor Point to have dinner with Kai Lun and Andrew.

20/5/2009 (Thursday)
Had inpatient pharmacists case presentations today. Again, only a few kittens around when I enter the office at 8am... what to say? Followed the lab pharmacist for ward rounds today (she's part of the TPN team), which a gastroenterologist consultant joined us around 10am. Learnt a few things about TPN and how getting the right people to communicate with those people who refused to listen to you helps drive processes. Learnt how to gown up in order to enter the clean room (we did it outside though, I looked like a monkey in jumpsuit... wait till you see the pictures). Hopefully we'll be able to enter the clean room tomorrow. I prepared a spironolactone paediatric suspension today :) Compounding skills in use haha. The later afternoon was dreadful, as sodium benzoate is awefully difficult to weigh, as we need to keep the accuracy of +- 0.002g. Didn't managed to finish my portion before I went home. Gotta finish it tomorrow morning....

So far so good. But this week is a little less eventful. Coupled with the numerous meeting my preceptor needs to attend, my learning points are starting to flood my notebooks....

No comments: