Thursday, May 14, 2009

Second Day of Preceptorship!

It's the end of the second day of preceptorship, and I'm still in NUH's Cancer Centre. Was a bit sian diao in the morning coz we're basically trying to find the answers my preceptor gave us by looking through SOPs. Well, it's something that we need to know.

The afternoon is more interesting, where I got to follow one of the pharmacist when he does his dispensing. I'm amazed at how patient he is towards me (haha I'm famous for being irritating and throwing smoke bombs), teaching me the steps in dispensing very thoroughly and systematically. Now I understand why there's a long queue in the pharmacy. BUT... We need to put our patients first, so whatever that we didn't know or understand, ASK!!!!!! Don't assume! Assuming makes an ASS out of U and ME (direct quote from my preceptor when I tried to smoke bomb her).

Seriusly, I think the way we were taught to answer examination questions causes us to anyhow throw smoke bombs... which is very dangerous in healthcare settings. Time for me to learn how to not throw so many smoke bombs. 知之为知之,不知为不知,是知也! 

I really need someone to turn my perceptiion of patient care and make me get really serius with all these stuffs. Hopefully I don't learn my lessons from killing my patients.....

No comments: