Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Taiwan Trip Day 1 (03/07/2009)

I should really start blogging about my Taiwan trip before it became a super big backlog. Now that people mentioned it, I think it's super cool to travel alone to a foreign land, even cooler if you have friends to bring you around :) A mix of independence and restriction certainly makes a seemingly monotonous trip into a colourful and fulfilling one.

Was thankful that I'm not down with H1N1, although a lot of people that I've come into contact with got tested positive... I think I scared the living hell out of Jian Wei and Jia Wei. Thank God for His divine protection throughout the trip, and the favors along the way. It's cool to make new friends, given that I'm too shy to initiate a conversation most of the time... Thanks lots (JW) X 2 for bringing me around :)

Without further ado, I shall let the pictures do the talking. Introducing AirasiaX's Airbus A330, which took me to Taiwan :)
First stop after I checked into Taipei Hostel. Shilin Night Market with Jian Wei and Jia Wei! Yummy yummy food! Here's the super big Shilin Chicken Chop. As big as my face sia, dont play play.
Next up, the fried oyster omelette and tempura (pronounced as 甜不辣). I love the oyster omelette in Taiwan; not too hard, has big oysters, and most importantly, does not cause over-gelakness. The tempura is uber nice too :)
Then, we bought the WAH!青蛙下蛋. It's unique and super nice!
After that is the stinky toufu. Actually we bought the seemingly least stinky one around. Should really challenge the non-fried one someday.
Next up, the 绵绵冰. The ice is soooooooo soft that I can't even feel it except the cold sensation when I ate it. Prefer it over the normal ice kacang type of ice anytime.
Also ate 冰糖葫芦. Didn't really like it though, too sweet and sticky for my liking.
Last item for the day, the fried milk (something along the line). Super creamy!
To be continued: Taiwan Trip Day 2

No comments: