Monday, July 20, 2009

Taiwan Trip Day 5 (07/07/2009)

Day 5 :) I'm amazed at how I manage to find the motivation to continue blogging since I'm lazy to upload photos haha. Woke up quite early in the morning and ate some 豆浆. Went to the bus terminal to buy my tickets to Tai Chung since I'll be there for my Day 6 and 7. Was quite surprised that the bus ticket is only 188 NTD for a super luxurious bus! More on the bus that I took in Day 6.

The bus terminal for express buses
Met up with Jian Wei and Jia Wei to go 龙山寺 in the evening. It's supposed to be the most famous temple in Taipei I think. I just went to take photos haha, with lots of people looking at me as if I'm someone weird as I'm taking photoes everywhere. I would say that the architecture of the temple is quite unique :)

The center building of the temple
They had this artificial waterfall in the temple which makes the whole temple cooler. Downside is I can't take a close up photo as I didn't want my camera to be exposed to the waterfall's every spashing water lol
After that we went to Hua Xi Night Market. We're supposed to see people kill snakes on the spot and eat them. Maybe because we went too early, we didn't see any, since we didn't want to try it ourselves haha. One interesting finding is there's super a lot of shops which sells *ahem toys here. Now I know why they say this night market is 龙蛇混杂, because it really gives me those underground gang sites kind of feeling which I always see in HK dramas.

Hua Xi Night Market's "gate"
We tried this 肉羹, tastes like dumplings without the skin though
After that, we went over to Xi Men Ding since Jia Wei says she wanted to cut her hair. After visiting a few saloons, we decided that it's not worth the money to cut a fringe in Taipei. Hence, we went to the computer street to find Samsung's service centre so that Jian Wei can fix his phone. However, we didn't send in the phone for servicing since it's going to cost money, and Jian Wei can't live without his phone by his side XD Hence, we went to 八方云集 to eat. It's black soy bean milk is so so in my opinion, but the dumpling and 锅贴 are nice :)

Me and Jian Wei with the food (and the shops's name)
That's for day 5 :)

No comments: