Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Taiwan Trip Day 8 (10/07/2009)

Now, moving on to my last destination for my Taiwan trip: Kao Hsiung! It is somewhat like a miniature Taipei, with all the metro and stuff. I was told that it is the only other federal territory apart from Taipei. So... it's actually quite urbanised haha. I arrived ar Kao Hsiung one day earlier than the Taipei gang as some of them have a presentation (if I didn't remember wrongly) on this day....

Hello Kao Hsiung!
The first thing I did when I reach Kao Hsiung is to check in to my hostel. I didn't quite expect the hostel to be fabulous, but little did I know that I need to climb something that looked like a trapdoor ladder to get to my room... It is about the width of my luggage bag and super steep. Thank God I didn't slip and fell throughout my stay there...

The treacherous ladder.

After checking in, I went out for a walk all by myself, since I didn't want to trouble the host so much before the others have arrived.

The lake in the Central Park, just beside the Central Park Metro Station

The pathway leading out from the Central Park Metro Station

The escalator up to the Central Park from the Metro Station

How I wish Singapore's MRT stations are this nice. But well... in a completely utilitarian Singapore environment, maybe it's not that feasible after all. Next up, I went to a Commercial District (in the afternon duh...) called Shinkuchan. It's some sort like a mini Ximending, with lots of trendy young people walking around (I saw a couple with dogs' ears walking past me!).

Shinkuchan Commercial District

After that, I walked aimlessly trying to link to the other night markets, and I came across this.

Bicycle rental! Soooooo enviromental friendly!

Bought this bull's horn bread which seems to be interesting, but taste normal to me

After walking around, I decided to visit one of the night market since it's about dinner time le. So off I went to Guang Hua Night Market. Nothing interesting happened, nor any weird food that I haven't come across back in Taipei.

Guang Hua Night Market

After that, I decided that I've been walking too much for the day and hence took a bus back to Central Park before walking back to the hostel for the night.

Taken just outside one of the Metro Station's exit

Look forward to an interesting day ahead, and the following day which we went to Kenting for water fun!

No comments: