Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Taiwan Trip Day 6 (08/07/2009)

Day 6 of my Taiwan Trip! For once, I stopped and look at the Shan Dao Temple which is just 1 minute walk from my hostel. It's actually quite a nice building :) Here's the main building.

Shan Dao Temple
After taking pictures of Shan Dao Temple, I moved on to look for the famous soya bean shop just opposite the temple. Not sure how to pronounce it though, look at the green plate in the picture below.

The 油条! 油条 is like super long in Taiwan -_-!

The 厚蛋饼, which they made through baking it in a 瓮, something like how people make 马蹄酥. It's soft and nice.

The 豆浆, hot and not so sweet. Tried the salty one on day 5, now the normal/sweet one.
After the breakfast, I went ahead to check out from my Taipei Hostel and head towards Tai Chung.

Taipei Hostel (Ya that's the name of the hostel)

The bus I took to Tai Chung. It's like a 14 seater! Super wide seats with attached screen and entertainment suite. You can even adjust the thickness of the neck rest and back rest! All this for just 188 NTD, which is like less than 10 SGD!
After arriving at Tai Chung, I went to "look" for my hostel. I was like -_-! when I cannot see my hostel on the full Tai Chung map. Luckily I research beforehand and managed to find my hostel, which is super ulu, and the last bus back from town centre is 7.40pm!

My hostel in Tai Chung.

The beds. Simple and clean, but with lots of stealth mosquitoes which doesn't produce the ringing sound when flying.
After settling down at the hostel, I went on to contact Shao-wei, a friend I got to know from APPS, and we went to 一中商圈 in the city center for food and shopping!

Yi Zhong Business District

The super large papaya milk

Small sausage inside big sausage (literal translation)

半月烧, a pancake-like dish which looks like a half-moon. Super nice!

Chicken Chop (again!)
After hours of eating and shoppping I went back to the hostel to rest up for my souvenir hunting the next day :) One thing is that my hostel is so ulu that I need to walk through a mini forest before I reach the hostel, and the path is like quite dark.... When I walk through it I can feel shivers all the way up my spine..... Feels unclean around the bush area at night... Well, I have the authority over all unclean spirits! Thank God for His authoriy and protection!

Stay tuned for day 7, my last day in Tai Chung!

No comments: