Saturday, July 25, 2009

Taiwan Trip Day 7 (09/07/2009)

Nothing beats a walk down a hill in a wonderful morning, enjoying the morning breeze and serenity. Woke up at 6am in the morning, and it was too early to meet my friend in Tai Chung Train Station, hence I decided to walk down my hostel towards the city center.

My hostel is beside this University (中台科大)

As I walked along the road down the hill, these are the sceneries that I've came across.

大坑 (What the place I stayed in called)

Empty town roads (which have more lanes than my town -_-!)

After walking for about 1 1/2 hours, I decided to take a bus to Tai Chung Train Station for my breakfast rather than continuing my walk (I took 1 1/2 hours to cover what the bus covered in 15 minutes lol) Anyway, it was a good and relaxing walk. It has been a very long time since I slowed down and look at the environment around me.

After about 20 minutes of bus ride, I arrived at the train station. It's a old colonial looking building, which I think they've done a good job preserving it.

Tai Chung Train Station

After meeting Shao Wei at the station, we embarked on a journey to visit the universities in Tai Chung. Our first stop is 东海大学. It has this thick red brick wall around its campus, but little did we know it's super nice inside :) It seems like we're in a small town, away from civilisation (and I suspected that they can become a fortress during war time).

The school compound

The female hostel. Notice the barbed wire on top of the wall, which make it look like a prison rather than a hostel. Well, I think the only difference is that it is supposed to protect the girls from intruding guys rather than keeping dangerous criminals inside away from the public.

The lake in the university. Nothing extremely spectacular about it though. I think the park had seen better times

We've also tried this ice cream made from the milk that was milked from the university's cow! (Yes, they have their own farm and processing facilities)

After Dong Hai University, we went over to shop for souvenirs. I bought like 3k NTD worth of pineapple tarts and cakes la! Then, we went over to Feng Jia Night Market.

Feng Jia University, which is just beside the night market

Feng Jia Night Market! (Or rather, Feng Jia Business District)

So what did we do in Feng Jia Night Market? The usual lo, eat shop, eat shop. Too bad I didn't take any photoes since I didn't buy much things from here after the huge expenditure for souvenirs.

Feng Jia Night Market's surroundings
That marks the last day for me at Tai Chung. Moving on to Kao Hsiung, the last unique city I visited during the trip in Taiwan. Stay tuned :)

No comments: